The benefits of smart energy efficiency management
A major transformation is taking place in the marine industry. Measures like the MRV directive and other global and local regulations are driving companies to adopt new technologies to ensure compliance and improve environmental performance.
At the same time there is a critical need to improve efficiency in highly competitive markets suffering from overcapacity. The shipboard environment is also becoming more complex, with an increasing number of variables to consider and a flood of data from on board systems.
Eniram is dedicated to making smart shipping a reality. Our solutions create unique insights for your vessels with our Insight Factory technology – enabling you to optimize energy efficiency at the fleet, voyage and vessel level. These insights deliver improved performance, cost savings, and a reduction in emissions.
Managing fleet, voyage and vessel energy efficiency with Eniram
Eniram brings together experts with a unique set of skills – including seafarers, coders, and innovators – to develop solutions for the key issues facing your industry. We are moving beyond retroactive analysis towards proactive management with predictive insights and mobile alerts. Our solutions ensure that the right personnel know when a potential issue needs attention – even before problems happen.
How partnering with Eniram can help you thrive in tough markets
Eniram Fleet Efficiency – increasing your fleet-wide situational awareness
Better situational awareness enables a top-down, fleet-wide approach to improving energy efficiency. In easy-to-digest dashboards you get an overview of your fleet’s activities around the world, including vessel location and KPIs, combined with the latest weather and sea-state information.
- Increase fleet-wide situational awareness and transparency as well as improve communication between onshore and onboard personnel, through a single online interface
- Use independent analytics to improve operational and commercial decision-making and make reporting more efficient via automation
- Take advantage of robust tools for self-service fleet performance analysis
Eniram Voyage Efficiency – optimizing your operational voyage performance
Optimizing voyage and operational performance results in concrete savings. You benefit from enriched data and analytics that help you to improve energy efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the planning of future voyages.
- Aggregate voyage performance KPIs that are comparable across your fleet, including fleet ranking by excess consumption and costs
- Improve voyage performance through diagnostics and by reducing the manual workload associated with report consolidation
- Get a fuel-consumption breakdown to realize up to 10% savings per voyage – and a realistic view on areas for improvement, resulting in better budgeting accuracy and target setting
Eniram Vessel Efficiency – optimizing your technical vessel performance
Improve energy efficiency and reduce costs with more detailed insights into your assets, including hull and propeller condition, speed fuel curves, and engine performance.
- Reduce vessel propulsion/service power and engine SFOC with an optimized maintenance strategy
- Increase transparency and implement best practices for vessels across your fleet with benchmarking
- Enable accurate target setting, vessel commercial description, and equipment/vendor performance verification (e.g. coatings) through fuel-consumption normalization and removal of external factors
We go beyond data collection to give you concrete insights
Collecting data is not enough. Our unique Eniram Insight Factory approach is based on a mathematical model of each vessel that shows the connection between crew operations and efficiency, while also including external factors like current, wind, waves, and trim. We filter and analyze all this information with solutions based on naval architecture and state-of-the-art machine-learning algorithms to give you highly accurate insights based on real measured data, not artificial estimates from simulations or laboratory tests. Read more.
From manual to 21st century operations
How to successfully navigate your digital journey?
Major players across the marine industry have committed to or are considering some level of digital investment to improve performance and better compete in a tough market landscape. Like all business processes, digitalization needs to be carried out correctly if it is to deliver tangible business benefits.
Investing in data collection systems to reduce human error is a start, but it is rarely sufficient. The reality is that using people to analyze endless data streams across multiple vessels to create insights in a timely fashion is often not possible, leading to a situation where data does not translate into improved performance. In order to avoid this kind of result, organizations need to first understand where they are on the digitalization journey and then decide how they want to move forward.
The level of digitalization in a shipping company can be viewed as a spectrum, ranging from traditional operating practices to autonomous operations. As a part of our research into the shipping market we have identified four stages of the digital journey – traditional, connected, smart, and autonomous.
Read our white paper “From manual to 21st century operations”